DRAGONS PATH ACADEMY What makes DRAGONS PATH ACADEMY Program different from any other after school program.
1. Classes are based on positive martial arts philosophy and teaching.
2. Children in our program will recieve more character development education than they would receieve in an ordinary after school program.
3. Parents save money. They get an after school program plus a martial arts program for the price of one.
4. Many school programs spend way too much time on entertainment and a lack of good mental curriculum. The curriculum we use is based on personal development skills.
5. Our mental curriculum includes such topics as: Stranger Danger, Safety, Role Play, and other important topics.
6. Our physical curriculum focuses on drills and games that help your child learn coordination, teamwork, focus, discipline, control, and much more.
7. We reward your child for bringing home an "A" on their tests and their report cards.
8. We give your child a free uniform when you register your child.
9. We will credit you 1 weeks tuition for each person you refer to our After School Program, and if they stay with our program for at least one month.
MISSION STATEMENT The mission of our After School Program is to provide quality care for the child in a total safe, nurturing, and educational environment utilizing appropriate martial arts activities to meet their individual needs.
BELIEF STATEMENTS 1. We believe all children are individuals and are treated with respect.
2. We believe children learn through play, instruction, and by asking and answering questions.
3. We believe children need opportunities to develop physical, intellectual, social, and language skills.
4. We believe children need guidelines for acceptable behavior and need to know that there are consequences for unacceptable behaviour.
5. We believe children should be taught the importance of having a positive attitude. This has been proven to raise self-esteem, boost grades in school, and assist them in getting along with others.
HOURS OF OPERATION The center will be open from 3:pm to 6:pm for the after school program. Please make every effort to be on time.
LATE FEES NONE
All monies are due and payable to school upon pick up. We realize that there are emergencies and unexpected situations. However, your communication and cooperation are greatly appreciated.
Tuition is due on Friday before the beginning of the next two week cycle, for the required days of the following two weeks. If Friday is a Holiday, the payment is due on Thursday, the day before Friday. Checks are to be made out to the school and reciepts will be given for cash payments only.
RETURNED CHECKS The current bank rate for NSF checks will be charges to the parent for any returned checks. The first NSF check may be re-deposited after aproval of parent. The second NSF check will not be re-deposited, but will be exchanged for cash and the account will become a cash account only. Failure to keep your child's account current will cause termination.
ATTENDANCE Regular attendance is important for the overall development of your child and the optimum benefit of our program and activities. If your child will be late or is ill and will not be attending our after school program, please notify the center.
SNACKS Our after school program includes a 15 to 20 minute snack break in its schedule. It is mandatory that the parents provide a nutritious snack and drink for there child. (potato chips, candy, and other junk foods are not acceptable snacks.)
HOLIDAYS Our center is closed for all national holidays: New Years Eve, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, 4th of july, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day. Our center may be closed on occasion for the day prior to, or the day after the holiday. These closings will be posted in advance.
HALF DAYS There is no after school on these days. If you need early pick up, the charge will be 50.00 for the day from 11:30am until 6:00 pm. (Payable the day before half day). Must have at least 8 or more participants in order to be in effect.
VACATION There will be no charge if a child is absent for a full week of vacation or extended illness, or for the two weeks of christmas vacation, and the week of easter vacation from elementary school. (Ask about our Spring Break and Winter Break Programs). For students who attend these weeks full time (8:am - 6:pm) at the center, the fee will be two times the regular weekly after school program fee. It will be required that the parent bring the child into the center each morning and sign their child in. Lunch and snacks are to be provided by the parent each day.
RELEASE OF CHILDREN It will be required that the parent should come into the center during the dismissal to pick up their child and sign him or her out. Children will be released only to those individuals whose names are recorded on the enrollment forms. We must get a verbal authorization from the parent in order for us to release the child to someone other than the names that are recorded on the enrollment forms.
CHANGES Our center needs to be immediately notified of changes in telephone numbers, job, family, status, custody changes, doctors, and authorized persons to pick up your child.
ILLNESS Children who become ill during the day may not remain at the center. Parent will be called to pick up the child as soon as possible. Please keep the child home when he/she has an elevated temperature, upset stomach, diarrhea, has a contagious condition such as pink eye, chicken pox, head lice, or has skin infection or serious cold.
INJURIES If your child is injured at school, the only treatment that is provided is cleansing with soap and water, ice pack, band-aid, and TLC. Individual accident and incident reports are given to the parent to inform them of their injury.
MEDICATION Our center does not administer medication. Parents are welcome to come to the center during operation hours to give the needed medication to their child.
SOME FINAL SUGGESTIONS FOR PARENTS These policies may change from time to time due to regulations or center changes. To help support our center we offer the following: 1. Make sure your child is well fed and well rested. 2. Drop off and pick up your child on time. 3. If your child must be absent, please contact our center. 4. Treat your center with professionalism and respect. Be promt with your payments. 5. Adhere to all policies and read any and all information sent home. 6. Participate in center activities when at all possible. 7. Arrange a back up plan for when your child is sick or when our center is closed. 8. Appreciate that our center cares for your children. 9. Share information that will assist your provider when caring for your child (example: parent being out of town for an extended period of time, changes in home life, deaths in the family, or death of a friend). Any of these and more can affect your child and his/her development. 10. Communicate early to your center with any concerns that you may have.